Friday, January 18, 2008

Works in progress::

So I spent about an hour last night on my sketchbook. First I worked out the composition of my cover. I know it sounds confusing that I'm making a cover so let me explain. My sketchbook has a transparent blue covering. So I always (whenever I get a new one) take some time to create a first page to act as my very own cover. This way its something that I can look at to think about myself when I'm trying to bring creativity to each of my pieces to be held within the book. Alright. So I set up how I wanted it to look in a few compositional sketches. Then I went and layed it out on the actual paper. Once I finished that, I placed in the center photograph, reworked some lines, then moved on to an actual page I'd thought through while looking for cover material. Neither page is finished yet but both are started nicely. I thought I'd put on here my progress on my pages as of yet. Helps me keep track of how I've been working and it lets you guys get some ideas for your pages.

Cover Progress:: ^
.aMy.

No comments: